Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Virus Programmers Are Going to Hell

God, I'm so tired.

I spent more than 8 hours staring at computer screens, trying to defeat the virus that has infected my husband's computer. I've tried every trick I know, from minutely examining the Start Menu to deleting every file constructed within the last 24 hours. The popups keep returning, from "Your computer is in danger" to "Sexy Singles -- Real Photos!"

Nothing I knew how to do worked. Such a sense of failure!

My eyes are very dry and hurt, so I'm off to sleep and rest the old eyes. Will my subconscious have a solution by morning? (The Subconscious just tapped my left shoulder and said, "No, foo'.")

If it was my computer, I'd just upload crucial files to my email, and brainwipe the whole thing.

You know, that sounds like an idea, even if my own computer isn't infected.

PS for the last football post: EVERYBODY says that Polamalu definitely intercepted that controversial pass. And was it hearsay? Hines Ward was fined for suggesting that the referee who called the interception an "incomplete pass" was cheating on behalf of the Colts. Honey child, fine me too (but not as much) because that was the only explanation for such a criminal call. It wasn't a "stupid" call, it was just totally backassward WRONG.

No comments: