Thursday, January 19, 2006

DONE DONE DONE!


My image of Cloudraft the Great is done,

finally, after days of porking around with that damn computer virus on my husband's computer. That means the cover for the second Aser book is done, and tomorrow I'll upload it to Lulu, and order a couple copies for myself and my mother, who, in her old age has suddenly decided she likes me as an author. Gee, so that's what I was supposed to be doing?

I spent a lot of time on these CGI drawings, far more than I needed to, as the vast majority of the people who see them will never see the nitpick detail I felt compelled to add. However, I did learn bunches, and that's what counts, neh?

So as of tomorrow, I'll have FIVE books available through Lulu, with only Out With the Trash still awaiting editing and added scenes. This past week, a friend's father finished Dreamer and pronounced it very good. I'm flattered, as the man reads at least a book a week all the time.

Tomorrow we're going to try a virus-removal tool before re-formatting Bernie's hard drive in desperation. I sure hope it works. Having his computer sitting there sick wears me out far worse than shoveling horse shit, which I have to do tomorrow or Saturday. Heigh-o, Silver! Away!!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Good news, especially coming mere hours after I paid my credit card bill. I'll be shopping soon. I've been looking forward to reading Aser front to back for a long time.