Thursday, January 27, 2011

Shh -- Only Whisper This

Here's one of our yellow-rumped warblers talking a break from chasing and being chased by other warblers. You can see the touches of yellow on the shoulders and the throat, even in the dim, foggy light.

I feel better this evening; the fog dissipated around 3pm and in an effort to drink in all possible photons, Bernie and I took the dogs to the river park. We had to wear sunglasses!!!

The dogs, of course, loved the outing, and for the first time since Howie broadsided that tree, I saw him go from a plain old run into that glorious gear in which he just flies over the ground -- he's so fast, so graceful -- that did my heart a world of good.

I'm sorry to hear how cold it is in most of the rest of the country. So I'll only whisper this: buds on the trees down by the river are unfurling into tiny bright green leaves. It's Spring.

No comments: