Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Fog Also Rises

Really, I've had enough fog.

Bernie and I were talking about the weather today, and agreed that this has been the foggiest year since we first moved to California in 1985 -- a tule fog year in which we literally could not see -- no, I seriously mean literally -- the sides of the road as we drove along, a window rolled down so that the driver could see the center lane markings. For like 21 days. It's not been quite that bad, but it has been rather unrelenting. An hour of sun here and there, a day of sun to tease ... but mostly, since Christmas, it's been gray and dim. Let's see, for 32 days or so.

The humidity hovers at 87 to 99 % every day, all day; the weather service promises highs of 63 degrees, but lies. If it hits 55, we're lucky. And while I know that most of the rest of the country is in the freezer, making the acquaintance of leftover soup and bargain chickens, this is California. It's supposed to be better than this.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

I'm sure it has something to do with the damn budget crisis. I don't think we can afford nice weather this year.