Saturday, July 16, 2005

Time Traveler

It's done.

In spite of the heat, in spite of the dog deciding yesterday to fall ill (courtesy of eating the nectarines that fell out of the tree), in spite of my granddaughter begging me all day to put my bathing suit on and play in the pool, the book is done, including the added sexy paragraph that Wendy so kindly informed me needed to be added. A few words have been changed, here and there, hopefully for the better. But there it is at Lulu (see link at the side of the page) with one of my unnamed ancestors gracing the front cover. (She conveniently had very blue eyes, as one can extrapolate from the daguerrotype.

If anyone reads Time Traveler, and finds typos (please God, no) revisions will have to wait until December when it's good and cold. I'm not working on this book again until the dog is well, and the temperatures drop.

You would not believe how good it feels to be done.

purple = wildly enthusiastic

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations, and a toast to you!

TT was the first Piker novel I read in its entirety. I was intrigued by the excerpt in your Nano profile, and was delighted when you offered to send me the manuscript. I printed it at the office (shhh!), toted it all over downtown DM, and read it on my lunch breaks.

I am humbled to have been a part of your literary life, and honored to count you among my friends.

Now take the rest of the weekend off. You've earned it.

Kris said...

Holy man. Its so unfair. You make me want to write a book! Though i'm no where near the class. I so badly want to write one too!!!! Maybe I will, when I've become a grandfather (scorn at the idea though) and have a dog of my own (thats sounds pretty good!)

Where can i get to read it? I've no clue to what lulu is all about. So help will be very much appreciated.

Cheryl said...

Kris, you are in luck. Starting Monday, "Time Traveler" will be serialized in The Piker Press (see the link in Aser's sidebar, or mine.) You can try it before you buy it.

There is no need to wait to be a novelist. Aser and I met during National Novel Writing Month (http://www.nanowrimo.org), which challenges you to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. If you let go of the notion that your first draft has to be perfect, it's not that hard to do. And some people, like Aser (and unlike me), manage to polish up their first drafts into novels that other people will read and enjoy.

Aser said...

Kris, you can click on "Books by Sand Pilarski" and that takes you right to Lulu.com. But, as Cheryl says, you can wait week to week and read it in the Piker Press, starting tomorrow.