Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Summery Day

It actually felt like a day in June this morning.

It was cool, as it should be, but the house was about 65 degrees instead of shivering in the 50's when we got up.

By 9 am, it was t-shirt weather and the sun felt nicely hot. By afternoon I was in a tank top and shorts, and standing in the shade to catch a photo of this year's red dragonfly who manfully tries to hang around the front fish pond. (The wasps keep pestering him.)

I want to hang around the fish pond today too, and see if I can identify the cat who has killed two of our two new big fish and left them lying side by side on the grass. I figure it has to be a cat, because a raccoon would have eaten the fish. A domestic cat wouldn't know what to do with its lively prize except walk away when it stopped being entertaining.

No, it couldn't be Fourmyle. He has no front claws.

We walked by the river this morning, and of course took the dogs, both of whom took one look at my visor and sunglasses and leaped to follow me around, puffing on my heels. It was hot enough and they ran hard enough that they've been napping the rest of the day so far.

I got this photo in before Howie took off in disgust at having Sebastian lie down so close to him. Both of them got a good belly rub.

Off to guard my fish, who -- oddly -- are quite traumatized and not coming up to the surface to mooch food. Do goldfish have that much of a memory? I didn't think fish cared about each other much one way or another.

1 comment:

Lydia Manx said...

Not so much as fish memory but fear of claws?

I am amazed at how big Seb has gotten.

Was summer-like here this weekend too. Some yard work done but not enough.