Thursday, June 07, 2007

Lessons

Lillian embarked upon a new symbol today -- wait, actually two new symbols.

The first image is her version of a sunset. "When a sunset touches the water, it changes its colors," she told me.

She did one sunset around the margin of an 8.5" x 11" piece of paper, and then this one, at the bottom of a page.

Yesterday she drew me a picture of herself, grown up, bringing me flowers when I'm "really old." In the picture, along with the flowers, is a striped heart. "I think you should try drawing one of these," she told me.

I think she's right. The time has come for simplicity and color for the sake of color. A heart in stripes of color. Yes, I can just about do that.

I was surprised at the image she drew at the top of the paper with the sunset, though.

Lil explained to me, "This is God, with his crown."

I don't think God would be at all displeased.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Lil is in charge of arts and crafts at the next Press Conference. Nice observation about the sunset.