Monday, August 13, 2007

Slow Going

Probably I have used this photo before, but I like it, and I was gone when the Turk's Cap lilies bloomed this summer.

My emotional fragility (and the accompanying physical weakness) has really surprised me. I suppose that I should look on this time as a valuable learning experience ... and maybe I will, someday. But in the present, it just feels sad and vulnerable.

I had a heartening email from the Agency on Aging who are Jan's guardians: they said the nurses called them from the hospital and asked if there was anyone who could come read to Jan. They were sending out a call for volunteers to do that. I hope they find some folks willing to just go to her and let her hear their voices.

I find myself wondering if I will recognize her on the other side of this life. I hope she does, and I hope that she will remember that I love her.

No comments: