Friday, August 31, 2007

Hope It Wasn't a Mistake

The latest addition to our household is a refrigerator.

It's a shiny great black beast, a Samsung. They arguably make the prettiest appliances. This model is so new that Consumer Reports hasn't even rated it yet. Whoops. We never buy stuff we don't know anything about. Right?

When we went to look -- just look, mind you -- at fridges, Bernie reminded me we weren't going to buy a refrigerator that day. We were going to take our time. "Yes," I agreed, "and we're not even going to look at the Samsungs."

Half an hour later we were owners of this Samsung. I didn't even have to ask Bernie, "It followed me home, can I keep it?"

It has the ice-maker/water-dispenser in the door that we wanted. The french doors open to a wide, wide storage area. At the bottom is a goodly sized freezer drawer. It has glitzy blue lights and you can set the temperature for both the freezer and the regular fridge. You can rearrange the shelves in a cute way.

Gosh, I hope we didn't blow this year's budget on a lemon.

No comments: