Monday, October 02, 2006

The Persistence of Toadery

Now where do you suppose I found this toad this morning?

In the fish pond? No, guess again. In the shrubbery, where it might be gainfully employed eating snails? Not a chance.

Oh, but you knew all along, of course. In the morning sunshine, the toad floated in the middle of the swimming pool, and I swear it twitched in recognition and chagrin when it saw me.

Once again I scooped Toad out with the net and this time I didn't bother taking him/her to the fish pond. It's close enough to hibernation weather that the little pest will want to burrow in somewhere anyway.

2006: The Year of the Toad.

5 comments:

Kris said...

just today i was told by a fried how frogs mate...pretty interesting. only if your a biology student..or just a plain geek.

Aser said...

Kris! How wonderful to hear that you are still alive and interested in the personal lives of amphibians! Good to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Toady didn't show in my screen *pout*

Lydia

Cheryl said...

I've been enjoying the Summer of the Toads. (That would be a good book title, too)

Anonymous said...

Toads on tonight!! woohoo

Lydia