Monday, February 11, 2013

Arting

This week in the Piker Press, Michael Price has a story, "The Health Club Gallery Tour."

I did this picture for the cover, but my intention is to add to it as I get the other pictures done. Some will be simple, some not so.

This marks my first foray into colored pencils in about seven years, if not more. I was inspired -- bewitched -- by Alex's use of colored pencils on her blog, Zombie Mommy.

Maybe "inflamed" is a better word.

Anyway, I started out with small pieces of bristol, and a quick pencil sketch, then added permanent lines with a Pilot Precise V5, and then had at it with the colored pencils.

The work took longer than I thought it would, but that was fine, because I was really enjoying it. I did not care to go back in the warm house (the studio is perfect today) so I worked on the second of nine images that will eventually grace Michael's story. (I use the term "grace" very liberally.)

I even studied Picasso paintings for a different feel.

Different, and delightful.


No comments: