Thursday, March 27, 2008

Another Frackin' Cold

You gotta love the original "Battlestar Gallactica" series for their introduction into the language of the word "frack".

Yes. As in "Frack you," or "Those frackin' Cylons" ... we all knew what they meant.

At a low ebb, I am deep in the throes of yet ANOTHER frackin' cold. This has been the WORST frackin' winter for illness I think I have ever experienced. I can remember an illness as a small child that kept me bedridden for two weeks; I can remember one bout with the flu that convinced me of my mortality; but I cannot ever remember a fall-winter-spring when I was so sick for so long.

Can't sleep right, can't breathe right, can't do shit without sending myself into spasmodic hacking.

Also, the wind was up big time today here, and as we all know, I HATE THE WIND. So I didn't go outside and try to take pics of the new tulips and freesias and my neighbor's lilacs. Nor did I walk the dogs or ride the horse. It was Stay Indoors, Don't Move Too Much, and Read a Book Day.

The book is "Pretender" by C. J. Cherryh.

Sometimes I love her "Foreigner" series, and sometimes I resent that she's probably paid by the word. Or by the concept.

Later.

1 comment:

Terri Edwards said...

OOH! This is what happens when you don't keep up with people's blogs. Didn't realsie you'd had such a bad winter, Sand - hope you're feeling better now. Love the parrot - he's gorgeous!