Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thrown for a Loop

I see that the last post was on the 26th ...

at that time, I was not terribly concerned that the Press' webhost was non-functional. It was a Monday, and sometimes the server crashes if traffic is high. It happens with many sites.

Two days later, I was getting frantic.

Yesterday we moved our domain to a new webhost, LFC Hosting. Still not fully functional, but at least that company is acknowledging that we exist.

I was unprepared for how powerfully the mishap would affect me. Dammit, we've been on the web for almost FIVE years, and except for some rough weeks while the Boss was preggers and feeling ill, we've been weekly all that time. I always had some input to the Press; this past year I grumped and moaned because I had a lot more responsibility for getting the Press up and running.

Suddenly I was out of a job. Suddenly, there was not our venue for writers to continue writing. Suddenly, Filthy Pikers were silenced.

It was so horrid to contemplate that I fell victim to a cold.

And have done nothing but mope.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Having the forums down while we convert is brutal. It's bad enough that the Press is MIA, but at least we were having fun bitching about it in the forums. Now it's like all of my friends have just disappeared.