Thursday, December 14, 2006

Getting Ready for Rain

The rainy season has officially started, but the weather has been weird.

Rain and warm do not go together here. Yet yesterday, as Howie and I returned from our walk, him panting and me sweating, a thin misty rain soaked the outside of my jacket and wet his fur.

Tonight, the forecasters are saying we're going to get a cold rain. And then lower-than-normal temperatures. So today I did all the stuff outside that needed to be done before the kind of weather hits that makes one not want to work outside. I raked leaves, I mowed the front and side yards, I swept the patio and the sidewalk, I collapsed on the comfy chair and sweated beside the fireplace with the Coals That Would Not Die. (Four hours later, they still have not given up.)

I think I like preparing for a storm. Makes me think I have some control over my life.

But it's still too stinking hot in here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about all the rain and did tons today also to 'catch up'. We all know we NEVER catch up. It can rain tomorrow. I don't have plans other than baking.

Lydia