At about 5:15 am Monday, I was awakened by a splashing sound. My first thought was that a neighbor's cat, or a possum, or a rat had got into the swimming pool. As the splashing continued, I had the panicky notion that it might be the next door neighbor's pig, which is certainly strong enough to knock down the fence.
It was, of course, dark outside, and the Rude Moon of October was casting a lot of light and shadows onto the back yard, making it hard to see anything. I couldn't see for sure from our room, so I padded out to the kitchen and turned on the patio light -- and saw the deck wet with rain!
October has been too hot, and that night was not overcast -- I could see the clouds sailing along with His Rudeness. Must have just been one juicy passing cloud that sprinkled enough drops to wake me up to being in awe of natural phenomena, give my fall garden a quick refreshing, and make me lie awake listening for more.
The clouds were still moving through before breakfast -- I took a picture of them in that absurdly blue morning sky.

No comments:
Post a Comment