Sunday, August 10, 2008

Real Live Girl

Yesterday morning, before this picture was taken, the foxtail asparagus fern was invisible, and bindweed nearly obscured the yellow euonymus.

Truly, it was a mess. But yesterday, something wonderful happened: I felt good, and healthy, and ambitious. Ta-daa! The weeds are gone!

I can't wait for the fern pine to grow tall. Should be in about 4 years. It's grown four feet this past year.

Eventually, after I gain control of this garden, and kill off the bindweed and nutgrass, I want to plant geraniums in those bare spaces.

On the right is my shovel with its yellow handle; the blue thing is a "Garden Claw" for breaking up soil for easier weed-pulling, and in back of that is a wooden pole that keeps the fence from blowing down in the storms.

We DO have to replace that fence.

Soon.

No comments: