Thursday, June 26, 2008

Really Hurting

At this time last year, Bernie and I were hurtling across the country, ostensibly to my sister's rescue.

She's dead now; the rescue was in vain.

Under the smoky skies, looking at the date, I imagined trying to explain to her why her rescue failed; to tell her how much I loved her, and how powerless I felt.

I tried to tell her tonight, hoping that somehow she would hear me.

The worst hell I can imagine is meeting her again in the next life and having her demand of me, "Why didn't you help me?"

I tried, and I failed, and the loss of my sister's life is still ripping me apart.

2 comments:

Lydia Manx said...

Oh ....I so want you to know she is in a better place and she did appreciate your being there. I know it in my heart. Hugs.

Terri Edwards said...

Hey, Sand. Hugs from me too. XXXX