Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Something To Look Forward To

Only four months away.

The almond harvest is wrapping up; the air is a lot cleaner. We've had to close the bedroom window almost the whole way because the nights have been so chilly.

Waking up and walking around the house with cold feet make me dread the true onset of Autumn weather and then :-- ugh -- Winter, so I console myself with remembering that our "winter" is really pretty short, and that by next mid-February, all kinds of stuff will be blooming, and the air will be thickly scented by almond blossoms.

Cruelly, I noted this to a good friend in Pennsylvania, and she bitterly replied to my email thus: "Four months from now we'll be wondering when the next snowstorm is going to hit."

Well, that's why I'm here in Central California, now isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish we got snow here in Texas. *sigh* I HATE and despise hot wheater. Why oh why must I live here?

Anonymous said...

Raoul: A chibi inu-yasha avatar! Charming!

Sand: I find myself doing the opposite and reminding myself in May that it will only be four months until I can look forward to reasonable temperatures and occasional rain.