Monday, February 19, 2007

The Worst of Spring Weather

Sunny and 66 degrees F. Feels like 34.

I saw more people in hoods and hats and heavy coats today than I've seen all winter, I think. Baby carriages had polyester fleece throws across them, and even inside stores, people were wearing sweaters.

During the summer, if I wake up and see that it's above 60 degrees in the house, I puff and pace in my shorts and tank top and turn on fans to keep the temperatures down as long as possible. But on days like today, I'm wearing fake polyester wool and my feet are colder than they have been since the Great Freeze of January. Today's weather condition was The Wind.

If not for the steady 20 mph wind out of the north today, I'd have been wearing shorts and sunning myself. As it was, I was shivering and shuddering all day, listening to the wind hoot around the window seals, feeling the buffets of the wind on the car while I was driving.

The sun was hot
but the air was not.

I hate days like this far more than foggy ones, rainy ones, sleety ones, scorching ones.

And something just hit the front of the house with an unnatural *thump*.

Feh!

1 comment:

Lydia Manx said...

So where's the cat is my first question when I hear noises.