Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Six Hours Before the Mast

What was the actual title that was parodying?

I spent six hours today in the studio -- not playing computer games or writing e-mails, but working on art stuff and on presenting art stuff. It was frustrating as hell while Photoshop Elements was screwing around with my brain and tremendously gratifying as I discovered how to manipulate images in spite of PE's malicious waywardness. Six hours! Shit, if I could bring myself to do that every day, who knows what I might accomplish?

Today was significant in that I did a lot of work without a deadline to drive me. There is no doubt in the world that I am an adrenaline junkie and do well with a LOOMING cutoff date. The work I did today didn't even, technically, have to be done. But I did it. Good for me. I may grow up yet.

But let's hope not. At least, I want to be, at this point, a candidate for Growing Up Wrong.

P.S. The new "comments" feature at the Press is really cool. I didn't think it would be, but it is.

No comments: