Tuesday, August 25, 2015

No Rest for the Wicked

Well, hell.

Just when I got my studio cleaned up (part of it, anyway) and thought I was getting on top (maybe halfway up) of my email correspondence, I discovered that ALL the older links to authors' books in the Piker Press had disappeared and a simple ugly blot replaced them with a sign that said, "Let's Fight Hunger."

Now to be honest, Amazon had said that something bad was going to happen to select links and that I should address the issue, but to be even more honest, what I know about how Amazon links work or even how the Press guts work could be written on one page of a coloring book with a crayon.

And the solution is simple enough: I look up the authors' books on Amazon, get the new links, and replace the old non-functional ones with the new flavor of computer code. That I can do.

There's just so dang many of them.

And then there's the rebuild of my file in which I kept all the old links so that I didn't have to look them up on Amazon when I needed them ...

** Insert heavy sigh here **

I got all of Terry Petersen's stuff done, and all of Barry Kirwan's. Tomorrow I'll do some more.

And the day after that, and the day after that, etc.

No comments: