Wednesday, September 20, 2006

How Many Days?



A week and a month until National Novel Writing Month.

Signups for the event begin on October first. I'll be there, and be signing up, but I still am not sure what I'll be doing or why I feel so compelled to participate in this particular exercise. After all, it's not like I don't write every chance I actually get a chance. Well, that's a lie. I have chances and I'm still too drugged with sleep to make my brain work, or laundry is calling, or cooking, or gardening -- not by choice, mind you, regarding chores -- I just won't sleep at all if I don't make some household effort.

La Tante Marie assures me, "You can write about my life, cherie -- that will give you more words than you know what to do with."

No thanks, Marie. I think I can come up with something on my own. But if I can't, I'll let you know. And stop smoking on my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, but she needs to shake her ashes somewhere!

What is this concept of plans for NaNo? Preparation is stocking coffee, tea and meals I thought.

Lydia

Cheryl said...

I am pretty sure I can find a home for ta tante in my NaNovel. My wimpy heroines always have a kickass best friend who is way more interesting.